The Tower

The Tower

Saturday, April 14, 2012

First Blog - April 14, 2012

I've decided to follow in my idol/mentor's footsteps and create a blog of my own.

I first started climbing about 4 years ago and wasn't able to get out as much as I would have liked. But now hat sports are over and college is quickly coming to an end, I find myself climbing more and more often. Getting stronger and doing climbs I never thought possible. Even if they are V3. Getting out more and more along with the assistance of my own climbing gym, has really helped me develop.


     Here are some photos of my backyard climbing gym:






We also had a great day today up at our home field of Nine Corner Lake. I was the first there at 8 a.m. Then Sully and Sam joined up there around 9. I warmed up on some easy climbs and then went on V3 to get a good pump. Then my idol Jut showed up. 

While he was busy cleaning some climbs I said to him "My goal is to get up a V4 by the end of this summer"... I laughed at him when he said "You're gonna do one today." I should have known he was right.

I had the camera all set up to film V4: Pop or Drop, but failed to figure out the first sequence of moves. Sully showed me a new beta. However, still frustrated and down about not getting this V4, I put away the camera and said "Not gonna happen"
But with this new beta in mind, I figured I'd give'er a go. Sure enough, first try on the new beta, I breezed through the first few moves and made a lunging leap to the jug, with the thought I was gonna fall. My right hand stuck and my legs swung but I was still on! Psyched and amped up, I finished my first V4!

Sun was shining, the air was cool... prime conditions in the Adirondacks. Great first day climbing for me this season.

I hope you all enjoy what I have to post on this blog in the future. Also, don't forget to follow my boy Jut's blog: southernadirondackclimber.blogspot.com

Thanks to a simple digital camera and the help of my Mac and IMovie, here's a spoof video of Jut.





No comments:

Post a Comment