The Tower

The Tower

Thursday, July 26, 2012

Finally Covered!

Well after many many weeks of being told my shed was too high, I finally have the new roof put on, to correct building code height! It was pretty difficult stripping the newly placed outside sheathing on the second floor and ripping apart the roof rafters and collar ties (sorry to bother you with my contractor lingo).

Anyways, all is said and done and the new metal roof has been placed. And not a moment too soon either, given the sever weather we have approaching this next upcoming week. Now on days it's raining, I can devote time to organizing the inside, carving holds, placing holds and work on some core training. A few weeks of training will be perfect given our newly planned trip to Lake Champlain!

It is here in which they have large cliffs extruding from the water reaching toward the sky to about 80 feet. Can you say Deep-Solo? Myself, Jut, Pooler, Banta, Jeremy, Tim, Brad, Mitch, Manning accompanied with my cousin Kristy and my amazing girlfriend Ashley, we will be hauling the boat the 2 hour trip north and get our free climb on.  My hopes is that my cousin Damien gets ahold of some film equipment so he can shoot and edit this epic journey. Keep following on media updates!!!

Below is an update of the shed, then and now.
 Looking back on the old shed
 Some of the sheathing is off, getting ready for the new roof
 Start of the new roof, rafters sticking out
New roof covered, drip edge installed and metal locked down!
The new height of the shed. Quite different!

No comments:

Post a Comment