The Tower

The Tower

Wednesday, May 9, 2012

9 Corner Cliffs

I took the opportunity on Sundays sun and went into 9 Corner. I brought almost all of my gear, harness, ropes, slings, biners, brushes and of course my shoes and chalk.

My thoughts were to anchor the tops of the cliffs, clean a route and perhaps send it as well as do some bouldering after.  Things went as planned, however, I did not boulder.

There are dozens of routes on this set of cliffs, including large cracks and roofs.  I cleaned a large crack on the right side of the cliffs top-down. I then threw on my shoes and chalk bag and headed on up. I sent it my first attempt and was pretty psyched.

The drive, hike in, cleaning and climbing only took about 3 hours. I feel very fortunate to have a great outdoor climbing spot like 9 to be so close to home.

My hopes is to keep cleaning these cliffs and put up more routes, so in the future there will be both top roping and bouldering in Caroga!

No comments:

Post a Comment