The Tower

The Tower

Monday, May 14, 2012

Ash's First Time Out!

It was the perfect weekend for climbing. Clear sky, warm, sunny with a light breeze. My amazing girlfriend and I decided to sleep in for a change, but we were still eager to get into 9 Corner.

We got dressed, I packed both my pads and shoes and we headed on up around noon.  The whole way there I was shaking because I was so anxious to get my girl on some real rocks.

We finally got up to the boulders and I had her start on 'Meat and Potatoes' and later we made our way over to 'Tea Time'.

She was amazing! I was shocked at how well she did on her first day out. Within just a few short hours she learned rock climbing techniques that are very difficult to achieve. Her adaptation from home gym climbing, to real bouldering was inspiring. Every goal I picked out for her, she accomplished! I'm so proud of her and can't wait till we get out again!

Great job babe!

A little media update from this weekend:

Before our hike in.


Difficult traverse on 'Meat and Potatoes'.

Just hanging out.

 You know I had to climb myself.

'Tea Time'

No comments:

Post a Comment