The Tower

The Tower

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

De-Construction ;-(

Well the transformation of the shed has begun.  Just these past few days, I've started to disassemble all routes and holds on my back-yard climbing shed.

If you've been keeping up to date on this blog, you know the reason.  For those of you who don't know, my shed violates building codes for the City of Johnstown.  It was "too high".

With the assistance of my amazing girlfriend, all rock climbing holds have been removed from the plywood.  My next step is to remove the plywood and structural supports of my angled walls on the inside and rebuild a 'low-to-the-ground' climbing area.

But don't worry, my mind has been in the process of putting on new angles for a wide variety of climbs and ceiling traverses.  I'm keeping my optimism up and know that, although this climbing shelter will seem cramped and small, it will be a great place to train on days where the elements of nature won't allow you to venture outside. A fully enclosed 360 degree place to climb and get great pumps and learn/excel in rock climbing techniques.


Also, the fabrication of my own rock holds is continuing to grow, with just a small starter kit of silicone rubber and resin I have purchased, I've been able to make 3 molds and several actual bolt-on holds for my gym. Much much more to come!

Media updates will soon be available.

No comments:

Post a Comment